Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cappiello to visit 41 towns in 6 days

State Sen. David Cappiello, challenging incumbent Congressman Chris Murphy in the 5th District, announced today that he will visit all 41 cities and towns in the district one more time in the six remaining days before the election.

"I'm ending this campaign just as I began it- by visiting each of the 41 cities and towns I hope to represent in Congress and hearing directly from the voters about their concerns," said Cappiello. "I'll be visiting diners, speaking to students, and going wherever voters conduct their daily lives to listen to their concerns and ask for their support. As a State Senator representing a very diverse district, I have been able to effectively advocate for my constituents' interests because I have gone to great lengths to learn about and understand the communities I represent. The Fifth District is a very diverse mix of people and communities, and they deserve a representative that is committed to being in town and in touch with their needs. During the course of the last eighteen months, I have made it a point of earning the public's trust face to face, one voter at a time. As Election Day nears that effort will be redoubled, and I am confident it will result in a victory on Tuesday."

Cappiello will kicked off the tour with a visit to the New Fairfield Regional Hospice breakfast this morning in New Fairfield.

The tour's schedule will be updated on www.davidcappiello.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home