Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Reluctant candidate happy campaign is done

From Register Citizen Staff Writer David Hutter ...
HARTFORD — Green Party candidate Stephen Fournier, running for the 1st District U.S. Congressional seat held by Rep. John Larson, said he campaigned because no one else jumped at the seat in the Green Party. He said he struggled to increase his name recognition. Today, he greeted voters at polls in Hartford and West Hartford.
"I’ve never run for office," Fournier said. "I had a loosely organized group of about ten volunteers."
He said he is good at championing the causes of other people yet is not entirely comfortable about touting his own abilities.
"I am embarrassed to see my face on all these palm cards," he said. "I wish we had a better candidate (in the Green Party). I am not the type who can blow his own horn. I am aggressive in championing others, not myself. ... I don’t have star-power."
"I ran a very civilized campaign and I am happy it’s over."
Fournier said he plans to run again in two years.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home